Urology (Andrology) in Korea
– The physicians are also leaders in clinical research and this enhances their capability to offer the most advanced treatments available. They are currently working on developing novel therapies for the treatment of urologic disease and actively participating in clinical research.
– The latest advancements in scientific research and technological innovation keep their physicians at the forefront of all clinical practices. Equipped with state-of-the-art techniques including a robotic system, high intensity-focused ultrasound (HIFU), extra-corporeal shockwave lithotripsy (ESWL), microscopic surgery devices, laparoscopic system, and endoscopic system, their teams are providing the best medical services to patients using a variety of techniques that range from comprehensive radical surgery to robotic surgery, microsurgery, and conservative treatments.
– Urologic oncology works closely with various other departments of the hospital from Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Medical Oncology to Pathology; and with the collaboration of the eminent physicians with those from the other departments, they have been able to form the Uro-Oncology Team; a unit that strives to provide patients suffering from urological tumors with the most comprehensive, personalized, coordinated, innovative and high-quality care.
Some Korean hospitals are not only Korea’s best in urologic oncology, but also the world’s leading clinic compliant with international standards in surgical treatments. They are the world’s leader in Da Vinci robotic surgeries on many cancers as well as laparoscopic surgeries. They have a most advanced system of referrals and consultations for highly complicated surgeries such as advanced kidney cancer and invasive bladder cancer operations. Also, a collaborative team of specialists from various departments cooperate to provide best treatment for patients who require multimodal intensive treatments.
Andrology is the branch of medicine that looks after man’s sexual and reproductive function, and areas that they deal with are male infertility, male sexual problems (erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, etc), varicocele, vasectomy and vasectomy reversal. Especially, one of the Korean Urology hospitals has a leading role in many clinical studies for the investigation of newer treatments of sexual / erectile dysfunction.
Prostate Clinic is dedicated to treatment of prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia, which are affecting increasing number of patients recently. The clinic provides a one-stop point for all required diagnostic evaluations, comprehensive pre- and postoperative care and follow-up rehabilitation program for radical prostatectomy patients. With the largest experience especially in the surgical management of prostate cancer, specialists in the prostate clinic undoubtedly offer a systematic but individualized care convalescence to help patients regain physical as well as social convalescence and its quality of life.
Incontinence is a serious and widespread problem that affects the quality of life especially of the elderly. The Incontinence Clinic provides all related diagnostic evaluations, and optimum treatment, both surgical and non-surgical, tailored to each patient. The clinic’s top-class specialists and professionally-trained nurses provide systematic and comprehensive care for patients.
Pediatric Urology Clinic
In most cases, urologic problems of children are congenital, such as anomaly in the kidney, ureter, bladder or urethra, and undescended testicles. Since these problems should be diagnosed and corrected at an early age, it is important that the patients be treated by experienced and skilled specialists. To provide systematic and comprehensive treatment to children patients, the pediatric urology clinic is part of a working group with perinatologists, pediatric nephrologists, pediatric neurosurgeons, radiologists and nuclear medicine specialists cooperating in both clinical and investigative researches.
Urinary Calculus Clinic
Urinary Calculus Clinic is proud to present as we successfully provide various endoscopic surgeries and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy not only for complicated urinary stones of various sizes and numbers, but also for high risk patients with anomalous body figures or patients at extreme ages.
Traumatic injuries, radiation treatment, and surgeries on adjacent organs can often cause damages to the urinary system mandating surgical reconstruction to restore the system and maintain organ function. Working jointly with the vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists with the expertise accumulated only from the largest clinical and surgical experiences, chances of successfully obtaining functional recovery of the urinary system are maximized at AMC.
penis enlargement surgery (penile prostheses implantation), ejaculatory disorders treatment (premature ejaculation surgery), erectile dysfunction surgery, vasectomies, infertility
– Da Vinci Robotic Surgery
Prostate cancer, kidney cancer, urothelial cancer
– Laparoscopic Surgery
Kidney cancer, urothelial cancer, adrenal tumor, nephrectomy for kidney donation and non-tumorous renal diseases
– Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Operation
Endoscopic prostatectomy, KTP laser vaporization
– Urinary Calculus Operation and Treatment
Tissue analysis and treatment using endoscopic ultrasound (upper and lower intestinal, biliary and pancreatic), mini probe, and needle aspiration
– Urodynamic Study
Diagnosis of incontinence and urination problems
Endoscopic examination of bladder, prostate, and urinary tract